< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Responsible Party”
TIMING 2010 > Ongoing
- Pernod Ricard
- To raise awareness and knowledge among of the risks associated with inappropriate and excessive alcohol consumption.
- To contribute to the reduction of excessive and inappropriate consumption of alcohol among youth.
- To help students to organise safe and responsible parties.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Italy was one of the first countries to participate in the Pan-European Responsible Party campaign (along with Belgium and the Czech Republic). The Italian Responsible Parties adhere to the same basic rules such as no open bars, no free alcoholic drinks and no advertising of the party based on alcohol and its price. Italy is the only country where the event is branded although there is no sponsorship (they do not distribute alcohol). However, logos and brands are visible at the event (currently Malibu Brand, previously Club Havana).
- Events take place using the European format so include ambassadors, gadgets and surveys. However, a local slogan was developed using a play on words in Italian “Bevi senza (s)cadere” (“drinkin’ without fallin’). In addition to the classic Responsible Party kit, an electronic breathalyzer monitor (to give the blood alcohol rate) is used and water is distributed. Quizzes with questions about responsible binge drinking often take place with allow for the distribution of the campaign messages and goodies in a fun way.
- 2009: Erasmus Day Live events culminated on 11 June at the Palazzina di Caccia in Stupinigi (Turin) where Pernod Ricard's "DjCalogo" supported the activity by distributing breathalyser tests and responsible drinking information. After the event, Pernod Ricard presented the project at the European Parliament in Brussels and explained their commitment to responsible drinking.
- 2010: As well as distributing breathalyser tests and responsible drinking information during the Erasmus Day Live events (May to June), Havana Club also launched the "Positive Contamination" competition in May in collaboration with the Academy of Fine Arts. University students could enter by painting a connection between European students who come into contact with different cultures and the adoption of a responsible attitude by using the Responsible drinking through "positive contamination" theme. The winner appeared on the Limited Edition Havana Club 7 años! Bottles.
- 2011: Havana Club partnered with ESN Italia (the Erasmus Student Network). During the summer season, Havana Club again was the main sponsor of Erasmus Day Live.
- In 2010: 5 parties were held reaching 8,000 students. The winning slogan of the competition was "Share your culture ". The winner said that the slogan was an invitation to learn, to interact and share ideas with others, in particular, with people arriving from foreign countries and bringing with them a different cultural background".
- In 2011: 6 parties were held reaching 6,500 students at important Italian University cities, and a big event in Rome in November.
- In 2012 a party was held in Milan reaching 2,000 students.