< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Pregnancy logo”
TIMING 2013 > Ongoing
- Stichting Verantwoord Alcoholgebruik
- Wine sector (KVNW)
- Beer sector (Nederlandse Brouwers)
- Spirit Sector (SpiritNL)
- To raise awareness among pregnant women about the fact that pregnant or breastfeeding should not drink alcohol.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The objective is (in addition to existing information via doctors, midwives etc.) to make clear to pregnant woman that they should not drink any alcohol. The pregnancy logo is placed on as many labels of alcoholic beverages as possible.
- A three year plan started in 2013 with the ambition that 90% of the beer, 70% spirits and 60% of the wine labels should contain the pregnancy icon in 2016. At the start in 2013 0,5% of the beer bottles showed the logo, for wine this was 46% and for spirits 31%.
- In July 2016 99,6% of the beer, 81% of the wine, and 71% of the spirits bottles contained the pictogram.
- The self-imposed targets are met, but this does not mean that the initiative will be stopped.