< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Night shift”
TIMING 2015 > Ongoing
- Pernod Ricard
- Nattskiftet (an organisation that defends the right to be secure at night and is part of the fight against violence and sexual abuse)
- To help ensure safety, promote moderation and a positive nightlife experiene for partygoing young adults.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- Pernod Ricard supports the “Night Shift” with money and volunteers (“Night Friends”) to help the organisation keep party goers safe after night-club closing hours and at music festivals.
- Nattskiftet is a peer-to-peer program where bar-staff and partygoers sign up as volunteers and receive 1-2 days of training which includes using a non-judgemental approach to provide advice on safety, providing assistance in getting home and when to refer to medical services.
- Volunteers roam the festival areas and entertainment districts at night (especially after closing hours) helping partygoers get home safely (taxi, public transportation), offering friendly guidance and support, ensuring positive atmosphere and promoting moderate drinking.
- In 2015, Pernod Ricard provided volunteers with a breathalyser to make it easier for guests to make smarter decisions (not to drive over the limit).
- In 2016, Key Stockholm party areas were covered during 16 weekends. 8 festivals were attended including Bråvalla, the biggest music festival in Sweden with over 50,000 attendants.