< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
• “Responsible Party”
COUNTRY Czech Republic
TIMING 2010 > Ongoing
- Pernod Ricard
- Jan Becher – Karlovarská Becherovka
- Erasmus Student Networt Česká Republika
- To promote a more conscious drinking behaviour among young adults, with special focus on students on higher educational institutions.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INITIATIVE
- The Czech Republic was one of the first countries to participate in the Pan-European Responsible Party campaign (along with Belgium and Italy). The concept is based on the idea of informing students about alcohol, the consequences of excessive alcohol consumption and hints for appropriate consumption behaviour. The main messages of the program are: moderate consumption, don't drink and drive, don’t be subject to peer pressure, eating is not cheating and alternate with soft drinks or water.
- The relevance for ESN is the point of working actively against the prejudice that student exchange is just about excessive partying and drinking, and ESN has the possibility to reach not just exchange students but also potential exchange students and students located at their home universities.
- The Czech Responsible Parties adhere to the same basic rules such as no open bars, no free alcoholic drinks and no advertising of the party based on alcohol and its price. Events take place using the European format so include ambassadors, gadgets and surveys.
- 14 Responsible parties took place during 2016 reaching approximately 120 young adults per event.